Saturday, January 12, 2008

Mactradamus



Banners were up, and they simply said "There's something in the air."

What could that mean? Built-in broadband wireless in upcoming Apple laptops? Perhaps the use of Wi-Max?! I guess we'll all have to wait and see. But come Tuesday, you better be ready to hit the refresh button on your favorite tech site to get all the action ASAP.

Here's what I think Steve Jobs will announce:

MacBook Touch - A slimmer MacBook with a widened touchpad (with multi-touch a la iPhone) that everyone is clamoring about. If this badboy comes out, I may have to think about getting it. The fact that there's no optical disc drive doesn't really bother me. As long as it's insanely thin, insanely fast, and insanely cute. Cuteness always plays a factor.

MacBook Pro - I recently read somewhere that Apple did not want to drastically change the form factor of its products when they made the switch to Intel. But now that they have full migrated, we can expect to see big changes in the designs. We've already seen an update to the iMac. So perhaps the MacBook Pro will receive similar treatment. It's crazy to think but its current form has been around for 7 or so years. Outstanding.

iPhone - Steve will certainly be hollaring about the SDK that should have been released during the launch in the first place. But it's interesting to see what kind of apps, if any, he'll demo onstage. Considering all the cool apps that jailbreakers are already using, I'm curious as to how the "official" apps compare. There has also been a lot of buzz about the possibility of a 3G iPhone. While this is something we all assume would happen, I say think carefully about that breath you might be wanting to hold (meaning, don't hold your breath, ass). I've read articles that Steve may not announce that quite yet. But if he does announce a brand new iPhone, I SO HOPE that it will have 3G, in addition to: MMS (finally), video recording (duh), haptic feedback, larger memory (32GB please?), flash for the camera, and maybe brush metal instead of chrome.

I wonder what the "one more thing" will be. I'm so excited that I can barely contain myself.

MACWORLD 2008 FTW! ZOMG\

No comments: