Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Whole Truth and Nothin' But

So this morning was my first day back at work in 2008. Got up at 630am, came in at 730am, and I got home at 830am.

"Whoa, wait. 830am?!" you ask. Yes, I wasn't feeling that well so I asked my boss to go home. Plus, I didn't really get that much sleep from the night before.

But I was telling the truth to my boss. I was feeling a little under the weather. Such a strange term, "under the weather."

I always tell the truth to my boss.

Usually.

Okay, but the past two times I've had to tell my boss something that had to do with my presence at work, I was being completely honest!

This morning was a good example of that.

But when I was late a few weeks ago, there was a legitimate reason behind it. I left work on time, and I was actually going to be able to come in early. Lo and behold, there was massive amounts of traffic. I called my boss to notify him that there was traffic where usually there isn't (Garden State Parkway southbound).

So I took photographs of the traffic with my iPhone. Geek status, indeed. But just in case he was going to ask me, I was completely prepared. Again, I was truthful!



As you can see, loads of traffic. I was telling my boss the whole truth, and nothin' but the damn truth.

Truth: 1
Lies: 0


Above is the statline for 2008, in terms of truth/lies to my boss.

I actually don't know what my ratio of truth to lies was last year, but I know that in 2008 I've told the truth infinitely more times than I've told lies. And that's the damn truth.

I do feel better now, though. Still counts, right? Right.

No comments: