Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I Love Sports / Moving Pictures



The Giants won the Superbowl. On his radio show, Michael Kay says that a game like the one we all saw on Sunday is the reason we keep coming back to sports. We go through all the BS like steroids, criminal accusations, gambling, and so on ... for a day like Sunday. He compares the 2007 Patriots to my beloved Yankees. The Patriots are now the "Evil Empire" and everyone rooted for them to fail just like everyone roots for the Yankees to go down. The Patriots are now part of a small group of teams where anything but winning is failure. The only way they can improve from this season is to win it all next year.

As for the Giants, I'd like to thank them for a few things like entertaining me during this very tough time. Without all my favorite shows on TV anymore, it was thoughtful of Eli and the gang to compensate for the big void in my life. Thank you for Week 17's thriller where they proved to us -- and especially to themselves -- that they can go toe-to-toe with the Pats. And those games against the Cowboys and the Packers? Fughetaboudit! Thank you for reminding me why I love sports. Although I didn't like all the Jessica Simpson bullshit. That was just annoying.


Anyways, let's post some videos!



My friend Ahmed finally posted some videos on Youtube. The first one is hilarious. It's a video of a strange girl who does amazing things on a snowboard ... by accident. Check it out! For my iPhone readers, click this.




A few days ago, I was looking at a Facebook invite to compete in an eating competition, and it had a video posted on the invite. The video has a special someone in it. Those of you who know him will instantly recognize his face. He's a good friend of mine, and he loves Allen Iverson. By the way, the people in this video are all weaksauce. I can down 8 in 1 minute easily (without agua, obvi). For my iPhone thugs, click this.




This last one is an extremely strange video that has one dude rapping and it's apparently all improvised. However, a reliable source has told me that only the audio portion was improvsed. It was recorded during a freestyle session with two unknown wannabe's. Then one of them attempted to lipsync both parts and made a video out of it. Obviously it was too difficult for him to lipsync the entire song, so he went all PowerPoint on us. Enjoy! For my iPhone gangstaz, click this.


Update: Okay, it's 9:02AM and I just viewed this post from my iPhone to test the iPhone-specific links that I made. I lowered the volume on my phone first. Then I tried the video from Ahmed. After it loaded, Ahmed's "Here comes Anna Lai!" was heard by at least 3 other people, including my boss! But I managed to stop it before it kept going. Phew!

Remember, lowering your ringer volume doesn't mean it'll lower the iPod volume.

Dumb.

No comments: