Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A Collection of Thoughts During Christmas Mass

Genuflect? I haven't genuflected in years. Nah, not today. Genuflect is a cool word. How'd you remember that word? I dunno. Why am I talking to myself in my brain? I dunno. Me neeva. Did you just say "neeva"? Like a true diva!

Why is the AC on? Florida mornings are pretty damn cold!

That girl looks cute.

Nope, I guess I was wrong. "That's a man, baby!!" (in an Austin Powers voice)

Why do we have to kneel for so long? My knees hurt. This is why I don't go to church. If I went on a consistent basis, my knees would eventually give out.

Should I plant my ass on the seat? No. Must...continue...to...kneel! Can't look lazy. Arrghh.

What is this old man talking about? He's old. Haha, that alter boy just totally yawned and didn't even try to cover it up. He's a badass. A churchboy badass. I feel like yawning now.

My family holds hands now for the Our Father?! Hmm ... ahhh too late. If I try to hold hands mid-prayer, that's just wrong. Should I still go for it? Nah, forget it. Wait, what are the words again?

Communion. Should I? Should I not? Eh, what the heck? Let's roll. I'm a little hungry anyway.

That was totally illegal. But I want more. I'm starving now. It just melts in your mouth. Mmm.

Post-Communion kneeling. Thank goodness for peripheral vision. I can now see that the people behind me have sat back. Now it's time for me to sit back! Yes! Aaaa-lay-looo-yaahhh! Knees still intact.

It's like 70% old people in here. I guess this is their hangout spot. Haha, these oldies. Church must be like The Max for them.

Hmm. "Peace be with you" or "Peace"? Should I shake everyone in the row behind me? That's a lot of people.

Here we go! Oh crap, I should've gone left to right. Oops, I missed the little girl. Peace to you lil' lady.

Yes, it's done! Longest hour ever!

I should totally just genuflect my way out of here. Just genuflect all the way to the car.

No comments: