Sunday, December 23, 2007

Domestication

So I'll be in Florida until January 30th. Doing the whole Christmas with the family thang. The weather's pretty nice down here. Temperature in the mid-70's, and partly cloudy. My usual Christmas since 2004.

I hate dogs.

But there's one dog I get along with really well. It's my family's dog, Coco, a shih tzu. Every other dog I've encountered in my past (with very few exceptions) have either attacked me or have wanted to eat me. At least, that's what it seemed like. But Coco is pretty nice to me. There have been no attack attempts, and I'm certainlly too large for her to eat. That never stopped other dogs in the past, though.

My friend (let's call him Troy) has a pretty big dog (let's call him X) that's tried eating me every single time I visit. I ring Troy's doorbell and peek through the window. The dog is usually there, ready to attack, ready to cut open my flesh, and ready to devour me. It's quite possible he has other friends that are in on it. They could probably beast on me for days. Ugh.

Another reason I don't like dogs so much is because I'm allergic to dogs. I usually sneeze like an idiot. I hate sneezing. It's so dumb. Think about it. Sometimes, you can't even control a sneeze. Have you ever tried to stop one? It hurts. Trust me. And even worse than dogs ... are cats. I hate those more than dogs. I visited my cousin Mason last year and as soon as I got inside, I couldn't stop sneezing. He owns two cats. TWO! My eyes were swollen, my nose was runny. Cats are the worst animals ever created in the history of animal creation.

But Coco's cool with me. Apparently, shih tzu's are the only breed of dogs that I'm not allergic to. I actually like Coco. She's small, non-threatening, soft, friendly, and most importantly, she doesn't seem all that interested in inflicting pain upon me. "Good girl, Coco. You're a good girl!" That's usually what I say to her whenever she's being a good girl. And so far, she's been nothing but good to me.

For now. She could still strike at any moment ... without warning. Below is a picture of Coco I took with my iPhone.

No comments: