Thursday, February 7, 2008

Not so dreamy ...

After taking Paul Imperio's advice, I decided to register the domain www.jonesjohnson.net via the folks over at DreamHost last Tuesday. The domain www.jonesjohnson.com is already taken by two lawyers aptly named Jones and Johnson. I emailed them (using my Jones Johnson Yahoo account) asking whether their domain was available for sale or not. Now I'm sure it would cost a boatload, but those d-bags didn't even bother to respond. Lawyers. Ugh.

Below, I've provided a screenshot below of the lawyers' lovely site.


Anyways, after over a week of me sending ridiculous emails to DreamHost, they finally approved my domain yesterday. Apparently, the dude who takes care of the approvals had a baby or something. Baby schmaby. But you know what really stinks? I can't redirect jonesjohnson.net over to this blog which is what I wanted to do in the first place, at least for the time being. DreamHost requires me to have a hosting plan with them in order to redirect. Lame-o.

Our staff has decided that we'll eventually have DreamHost take care of our hosting duties, although we're still shopping around. Team Jones Johnson plans on launching jonesjohnson.net some time this spring. It'll be full of the same dumbness you can find here, but with more features. I can't divulge any details, but you'll know soon enough. Probably useless things like videos that we make, photos of stupid things, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera, etc.

Oh, you say you want to see a few of the crazy messages I sent them? Hmm... Okay! I paid Dreamhost through Google Checkout. Now, I should've emailed DreamHost directly, but instead I used Google Checkout's system of contacting DreamHost.

I'll just copy & paste:

Jan 29 - Order placed -Your order was placed with DreamHost Web Hosting. A confirmation email was sent to you by Google.

Jan 29 - Order received - DreamHost Web Hosting received your order.

Jan 29 - Seller contacted - Message: "I just paid $9.95 to register www.jonesjohnson.net and I just checked the availability and it's still available. Is it possible someone may register it before it finishes processing? I noticed my account is still pending. This is my first time doing something like this."

Feb 4 - Seller contacted - Message: "I paid $10 last week in an attempt to register a domain name. That was Tuesday. It is now Monday. I still have no word on whether it went through. My web panel still tells me I'm pending. I've been pending for over a week. What is happening? I'm getting a little frustrated that I have not been contacted."

Feb 4 - Seller contacted - Message: "I noticed that the $9.95 charge already went through. That's awesome because my account IS STILL PENDING!!! What is happening??!! Nobody will return my emails. Jesus Christ!"

Feb 4 - Seller contacted - Message: "I'd like an answer IMMEDIATELY. I PAID 10 BUCKS FOR WHAT?! C'MON!"

Feb 4 - Seller contacted - Message: "I'd really like a response. That's all. I'm new to this, and I figured with today's technological advancements, that I'd be able to purchase a domain name easily and quickly. At first it seemed easy, and now it's nowhere near quick. I demand an answer! WTF IS GOING ON HERE!!"

Well, everything was taken care of yesterday, and one of the representatives emailed me apologizing for the wait. Blah blah blah. It's all good now.

I really have no idea what we plan on doing with the site...

But from the messages I sent them, I now realize that I'm obviously crazy.

1 comment:

jones johnson said...

Haha! Ever since I depicted Grant as the hater he's always been (in the post Fanmail Schmanmail), the dude has been nothing but faithful to the portrayal.

Welcome to the Social. I think that's Zune's slogan. Ew Zune.